Re: [Exim] Fowarding email to/from a particular user

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Ray Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Fowarding email to/from a particular user
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Ray Jackson wrote:

> I am trying to find a simple way in Exim where we can send a copy of emails
> coming to/from a user to another email address. This has to be without the
> user's knowledge, so they continue to send and receive emails as normal but
> any mail activity to/from their address is CC'd to another email address
> for monitoring.
>
> I'm not trying to do anything dodgy here - just assist the police in investing
> one of our users who is involved in dubious practices! Can I do this using
> Exim rules?

There are some features in Exim that were put there especially to help
with this kind of requirement.

Simple copying can be done using a system filter and an "unseen deliver"
command. The complication is in how serious you are about "without the
user's knowledge". Are you prepared to put that user's address in the
condition in the filter? Does the fact that the extra delivery will be
logged like any other cause you problems? There are ways round both of
these problems, but they involve some extra work to set up.