[Exim] nuances with configuration - newbie

Author: McKeever Chris
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] nuances with configuration - newbie
Just got our exim mail server up, and it is running beautifully. There are two nuances that I would like to try to resolve.

First, in the log file, this continually pops up: no host name found for IP address 192.168.1.15
this IP is our email gateway that is passing external email to the internal exim server.
I do not think it is malignant, but I would like to learn why and a resolution.

Second, from a command promt, if I type mail root (and then continue to send), it bounced with the error:

root@prupref-mail
Unrouteable address

where prupref-mail is the machine name. I had added to the following to the rewrite section, but no luck.

*@prupref-mail $local_part@??? Ffrs
root@*         website@??? Ffrs

Any suggestions on either of this?

---- Prudential Preferred Properties www.prupref.com