RE: [Exim] relay_domains and verify = recipient

Author: exim
To: 'exim-users'
Subject: RE: [Exim] relay_domains and verify = recipient
exim-users-admin@??? wrote:
> What I want to do is something that is not precisely kosher, but bear
> with me.

[snip]
> relay_domains = dsearch {CONFDIR/relay-domains/}
> acceptable_users = lsearch {CONFIR/relay-domains/$domain} [snip]

This would work. You would have to be informed of any changes to the
users on the other domain. To get around this you can use a callout
when you verify the recipient. Any time an address comes in, it checks
with the real receiving MTA (exim I hope) to see if the address is
valid. Check out:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_toc.html#TOC259

As it states - beware that this is a lot more work than just lsearching
a file full of names, but exim does cache the requests.

Please note that you will either have to play with DNS to get your
server to see your customers' server as the primary MX, but the rest of
the world see yours as the primary MX, OR setup a manual route with
verify for callouts to work for you.

Have fun!

Ted.

exim-users-admin@??? wrote:
> I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool if you
> can figure out
> a way for your server to forward the user verification to
> their machine
> before accepting the email.

I don't know about user verification, but it is possible with
validation which is what this sounds like.