[Exim] relay_domains and verify = recipient

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] relay_domains and verify = recipient
--
Hello all,

What I want to do is something that is not precisely kosher, but bear
with me.

I am acting as a backup MX for a second domain in addition to my own.
The owner of that domain has asked me to handle virus scanning for him
(I'm using exim4 with acls and clamav), so in effect, I am now the
primary MX for his domain as well as my own. I have been doing the
standard store and forward for any mail to his domain, and letting him
sort out the invalid users at his end, but it seems that it would be
much less work all around if I could get exim to do something like the
following rough map:

relay_domains = dsearch {CONFDIR/relay-domains/}
acceptable_users = lsearch {CONFIR/relay-domains/$domain}

So that I could put a file name foo.com in /etc/exim4/relay-domains,
with a list of valid usernames in it, and later decide to accept or
reject on this basis. I can't get the syntax worked out, as I just
started messing with the new acl structure a couple of days ago.

Thanks for any advice or pointers,
|  Stephen Gran                  | QOTD:  I've heard about civil           |
|  steve@???             | Engineers, but I've never met one.      |