[Exim] Exim having problems communicating with another serve…

Author: Frank DeChellis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim having problems communicating with another server
Hi!..

We have been having problems with a few other email servers over the past 48
hours. We're using Exim 4.2. A few of the people we do lots of
transferring with show this:

smtpd: Invalid SMTP protocol: Overly long line received from canal.iaw.on.ca
([209.5.112.33])

I see the occasional message about a broken pipe, but we still have LOTS Of
email going where it should be going.

Is there something I should be looking for to give me more clues? My
connections are clean as a whistle to each of these servers we're having a
problem with.

Thanks
Frank

Frank DeChellis, President
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main St. Welland, ON, Canada L3B 3W4
1-905-714-1400 http://www.iaw.com