Re: [Exim] getnameinfo code please

Author: Colm MacCarthaigh
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] getnameinfo code please
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 01:02:44AM +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> I am testing gethostbyaddr() and getnameinfo() on MacOSX

Some versions of Mac OSX have a getnameinfo() bug in that it does
not work with mapped IPv4 addresses. The way to work around it
is to extract the v4 address, the patch that I did for Apache
is at;

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=106089095307216&w=2

it's been committed for a while without any reports of anything
breaking.

If you're looking for getnameinfo() example code in general,

    http://www.hea.net/share/ipv6-programming/#4

May be of use to you. The Darwin/OSX problem is also dealt with
here, at;

    http://www.hea.net/share/ipv6-programming/#52

Feel free to bother me if you need better examples, more code,
or anything else. I've got a trove of it.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh  /  HEAnet, Teach Brooklawn,  / Innealtóir Ghréasáin
+353 1 6609040    / Bóthar Shelbourne, BÁC, IE /   http://www.hea.net/