Re: [Exim] Virtual Users

Author: Philipp Jacob
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual Users
> Hi list,
>
> I set up exim a few days ago and in general everything
> works fine. But now I have a concern, which a couldn't
> solve with the help of the documentation.
> I have virtual users with no login on the system, for
> which I want to have individual mbox files all in one
> directory. So that e.g. mail to john@??? and
> john@??? will be directed to separated files.
>
> This could be handled with files called {$local_part}-{$domain}
> but the '.' in the domain annoys me. Is there a way to
> extract the '.' from the domain?
> Or can exim look for the appropriate mbox file for each
> address in a special file like an alias file but only getting the
> name of the mbox not for redirecting the mail?
>
> Regards,
>
> Philipp

I just found the answer in the FAQ.
I use a transport with the following destination:
"file = /path/to/mboxes/${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/vmboxes}}"

Where /etc/vmboxes looks as follows:
<full email address>: <name of mbox file>

And so, every mailbox file can be specified individually
for each email address.

Tanks to the FAQ,