[Exim] Virtual Users

Author: Philipp Jacob
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Virtual Users
Hi list,

I set up exim a few days ago and in general everything
works fine. But now I have a concern, which a couldn't
solve with the help of the documentation.
I have virtual users with no login on the system, for
which I want to have individual mbox files all in one
directory. So that e.g. mail to john@??? and
john@??? will be directed to separated files.

This could be handled with files called {$local_part}-{$domain}
but the '.' in the domain annoys me. Is there a way to
extract the '.' from the domain?
Or can exim look for the appropriate mbox file for each
address in a special file like an alias file but only getting the
name of the mbox not for redirecting the mail?

Regards,

Philipp