Re: [Exim] Smtp authentication.

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Smtp authentication.
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 11:33:52AM -0300, Guillermo Llenas wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:58:32AM -0300, Guillermo Llenas wrote:

[...]
> > > Andreas, thanks for the answer, perhaps I did not explain myself very
> well.
> > >     Is correct that users of yahoo or hotmail or whatever, does
> deliverys
> > > towards accounts@mydomains. But using smtps of yahoo or hotmail like
> > > transport of those mails. What I am saying is that if anyone of those
> users
> > > instead of using smtp.hotmail.com or smtp.yahoo.com uses
> smtp.mydomain.com
> > > sending mails to accounts@mydomain it can do it.
> > [...]

> > So you want to allow hotmail to deliver to you but some normal
> > dialup-user?

Your mailreader completely wrecks the quoting. Could you please install
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ ?

> No, what I want is that everybody who wants to use my smtp as transport
> (outgoing relay) must authenticate (that is working fine) even if the
> destinatary are domains pointed to my server running exim. ( in this last
> case the authentication is not working)

[...]

How are you recognizing/defining that $user is "somebody who wants to
use my smtp as transport" and not some other regular mailserver like
hotmail or exim.org?
           cu andreas