Re: [Exim] Smtp authentication.

Author: Guillermo Llenas
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Smtp authentication.

> > > No, that is just the normal szenario, otherwise how would you recieve
> > > mail for you domains? Neither Hotmail nor AOL have an user/password
> > > pair for your system.
> > >                 cu andreas

> > Andreas, thanks for the answer, perhaps I did not explain myself very

well.
> >     Is correct that users of yahoo or hotmail or whatever, does

deliverys
> > towards accounts@mydomains. But using smtps of yahoo or hotmail like
> > transport of those mails. What I am saying is that if anyone of those

users
> > instead of using smtp.hotmail.com or smtp.yahoo.com uses

smtp.mydomain.com
> > sending mails to accounts@mydomain it can do it.
> [...]
>
> So you want to allow hotmail to deliver to you but some normal
> dialup-user?

No, what I want is that everybody who wants to use my smtp as transport
(outgoing relay) must authenticate (that is working fine) even if the
destinatary are domains pointed to my server running exim. ( in this last
case the authentication is not working)

Regards, Guille.