Re: [Exim] hostlist and dynamic IPs

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Rasputin, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] hostlist and dynamic IPs
At 20:28 +0100 2003/10/13, Rasputin wrote:
>I have a host that uses DynDNS . I want to allow it to relay
>through my host ( many MXes dont accept mail from dynamic hosts
>so they send through me).
>
>I add 'host.dyndns.org' to a hostlist I will accept mail from, but
>Exim seems to reverse lookup the hostlist to decide if a sender is
>valid - which doesnt help in this case...
>
>Is there a way to specify a hostlist to be *forward* looked up
>
>i.e. if a host a.net is listed, which resolves to 1.2.3.4, then
>accept mail from 1.2.3.4

You could build your own acl (a hostlist is nothing without an acl
after all) to do that.
First have the client host be properly configured (that is identify
itself as HELO host.dyndns.org, then accept if the HELO argument is
in your list of allowed hosts *AND* its A record (dnslookup)
corresponds to the IP address of the connected host.
Or have it authenticate.
Perhaps there's a simpler way.

Giuliano