Re: [Exim] mailbox lock

Author: Christian Vogel
To: Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mailbox lock
Hi Asbjørn,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 10:42:44AM +0200, Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad wrote:
> >Get rid of it and install cyrus or courier imap.
> which one is best? fastest and smallest use of memory?

If I remember, cyrus is a 'closed' system, as it uses special
tools to deliver mails to the message store, create accounts etc,
but I have not used it besides trying it for few moments some years
ago.. Am I still right...?

I use courier on a personal machine (P5, 133Mhz, 48MB RAM) and there
it is **way** faster than uw-imap (Maildir <-> Mbox!). I also think it
uses less memory when active.

In the default install, courier always has few processes alive which
listen for connections (couriertcpd, authdaemond) so this might occupy
slightly more memory than inetd(uw-imap), but I don't think it will make a big
difference.

        Chris

--
Christian Vogel -- chris@???