[Exim] Exim 4.20 + Outlook + Attachments

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dougal McWhinney
Para: Exim Users List
Assunto: [Exim] Exim 4.20 + Outlook + Attachments
Hi All,

I have a very weird problem.
We have just upgraded our mail server from Exim 4.20 on RH 7.1 to Exim 4.20
on RH 8.0. The mail client used on site is MS-Outlook 2000.

On the old server, the users were sending attachments with out any problems
if they used a mail format of "Plain Text" or "Microsoft Rich Text".
On the new server, if the recipient doesn't have MS-Outlook as the mail
client, any attachments received in "Microsoft Rich Text" format arrive as
"Winmail.dat". If the user sends the e-mail as "Plain Text" (my preferred
method as the e-mail is smaller) the attachment arrives OK.
The configuration file on both servers is the same.

I have done some Googling and discovered that MS-Outlook adds formatting
commands to the e-mail as it leaves and if received by a non-Outlook client
all attachments will show as "Winmail.dat"

The question I have is what changed between RH 7.1 and RH 8.0 as this was
working before???

Regards,
Dougal McWhinney
IT/Control Systems Supervisor.
Queensland Magnesia Pty Ltd

Mail : PO Box 5798, Central Queensland Mail Centre. QLD 4702
e-mail: dmcwhinney@???
Phone : +61 7 4920 0236
Mobile: 0438 200 526
Fax : +61 7 4936 1380

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you
with experience."