[Exim] SMTP Authentication: Migrating from /etc/passwd to My…

Author: Mason, Chris, CND Tech Dev, VF UK
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] SMTP Authentication: Migrating from /etc/passwd to MySQL DB
Hello,

Hopefully a simple question which can be answered with a simple yes or no.

I have successfully setup Exim 3 (Exim 4 will come next) to use a MySQL backend for all my virtual domains which get used by around 100 users. These users were originally all user accounts on the box which I wanted to remove.

The users all use SMTP Authentication to send email through the box and their usernames are now stored in this MySQL database.
Is there anyway to migrate their password from the /etc/passwd file into my MySQL user database so they do not need to go through and change their password for it to work. As you can image, making 100 users reset their password is going to be a bit annoying and some of them might find this difficault as it was all set up manually to start with.

Thanks in advance,
Chris