Re: [Exim] Exim and AV [OT]

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and AV [OT]
Hi Walt, on Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:52:40 -0400 you wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:29:08AM +0100, Tim Jackson said:

[re: Sophos]
> > reasonable pricing as commercial products go.
> Huh. I found their pricing rather high. I just priced out a 6 machine
> license and it was $8000. Seems they charge 10X workstation price for
> servers.

I haven't dealt with them for a little while, so things may have changed,
but it's worth noting that:

a) you only need the SAVI core if you are going to use it with Sophie:
http://www.sophos.com/products/savi/
SAVI is cheaper on its own than as part of some of their other
offerings.

Last time I dealt with them, they worked it out on a per-mailbox basis
and to cost $8000 you would have had to have an awful lot of mailboxes.

b) this may not apply to you, but people in ISP-type environments
should speak to them separately about that; they have an ISP scheme.

Tim