Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Mark Edwards
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Avoiding frozen spam
At 13:55 -0700 2003/10/07, Mark Edwards wrote:
>So, I'm trying to concoct a method to kill the spam without
>sacrificing the one false-positive that SA generates per year. I
>understand why the bounce message method is not a good solution, so
>it seems like the only two choices are read it or auto-delete it.
>
>Or am I missing some other brilliant solution?

I don't see any other brilliant solution, except that you can give a
mean, in your rejection message, to send the administrator a message
(note, against all RFC I *do* filter postmaster email, albeit with a
higher tolerance than other accounts).
This mean can be a web form or a special whitelisted address that
does not go through spam checks.
Now, if only all MUA (web or not) reported the errors back to the
user without *interpreting* them... (not to say that the average user
would understand them!).

Giuliano