Re: [Exim] simple solution to a problem

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: Peter Galbavy, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] simple solution to a problem
Peter Galbavy wrote:
> This tries my mail mailserver and falls back to localhost if the
> server cannot be reached. This almost gives me the same fallback
> mechanism, but lets crap queue up when the main mail server is not
> listening on port 25. I can live with that.

One side effect I have now seen - obviously - is that the sending IP is no
longer logged by exim, as the proxy connection now originates on the MX
server. I can live with it, but I expect getting balance to log connections
(and assuming all machines are NTP synced) it should be easy enough to match
up connection logs.

Peter