Re: [Exim] SPF

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Mark Foster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SPF
Mark Foster wrote:

> Since SPF has been brought up, I wonder if there are any early adopters
> on this list? I have been running the spf.acl for a couple of weeks now.
> It seems to be working fine, although it's the rare occurence that the
> spf check finds anything so early now. I'm interested to hear how other
> exim/spf users have faired and what tweaks you might have made to the
> acl, etc.
> mark

I personally dislike the idea at all. It breaks many current usages of
SMTP, but does less harm to spam.

Ever thought of travellers, wanting to use different mailaddresses, via
a single application/interface? And using the same server all the time?

What about forwarding?

Sorry, but IMHO SPF does more harm than good.

I personally really discourage blocking based on it, it may be useful in
a score-base system, but NOT stand alone.

Nico