Re[2]: [Exim] exim's databases and sql

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] exim's databases and sql
At 9:15 -0400 2003/10/05, Richard Welty wrote:
>On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:08:50 +0100 Paul Robinson <paul@???> wrote:
>> I'm very interested actually in real figures for SQL. I don't think I've
>> ever used exim without it, and I've been using exim since 1998/9 or
>> thereabouts, I think.
>
>how do you propose to get "real figures" for SQL? there are a *%$!@load of
>variables there.

even without SQL, how would you propose a "real life" test to be
done? Where will you get all the hosts to receive from and delivery
to, with all the DNS lookups and network delays? Perhaps we should
have a sort of contest, where list members will give a list of
addresses available to send to and will also be given a list of
addresses on the test systems to send to.

Shall we organise it in a few weeks time? I am willing to test my
system, don't know yet if with SQL or not..

Giuliano