Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql

Author: Wakko Warner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim's databases and sql
> > you have simply failed to persuade me that there are advantages to this
> > that outweigh the disadvantages.
>
> Me too. Surely this is going to hit performance something terrible. And
> anyway, not everbody has an SQL service available.

I was only thinking about the installations that already heavily depend on
SQL (as my install at work). The idea was to add an option to do this, not
force everyone to do it.

If people feel so strongly about not doing this thinking it's a bad idea,
why does exim even support sql at all? Surely having users, aliases, etc
in sql is a performance hit as well (and according to some people should not
be done).