Re: [Exim] Re-Routing mail to certain MX

Author: Karsten Behrens
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re-Routing mail to certain MX
>>> Hope this helps.
>> Sorry, it doesn't :-)
>> This will forward to other hosts based on the E-Mail domain name of the
>> recipient. What I need is forwarding based on the IP address of the MX
>> of the recipient's E-Mail domain.
> this is just a stab at it: you could modify the dnslookup router adding
> your IPs in the ignore_target_hosts and deleting the no_more for instance
> dnslookup:
>   driver = dnslookup
>   domains = ! +local_domains
>   transport = remote_smtp
>   ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 ... 1.2.3.4/24
>   headers_remove = X-Sender : X-X-Sender
> #  no_more    <<<<< commented out
> and follow that with a manualroute for the 1.2.3.4/24 hosts (I guess
> that would have to terminate with a no_more).
> I might be completely on the wrong track though..

I have tried this before. Works just fine as a solution for my 1.2.3.4
problem, but causes another problem: If the last dnslookup router is not
"terminated" with a no_more, spam mails from/to invalid domains are
passed on to the manualroute router, instead of being rejected.

What I really need is a "route_list" parameter for a dnslookup router,
but that kind of thing doesn't exist I guess ;-)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks to all,
Karsten