Re: [Exim] death to mailer-daemon!

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sander Smeenk
Para: WJCarpenter
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] death to mailer-daemon!
Quoting WJCarpenter (bill-exim@???):
> 1. Does any part of Exim actually depend on there being a
> "mailer-daemon" address? (I doubted it. It certainly doesn't appear
> in my config file. OTOH, I did find this in the exim 3.36 binary I
> built: "From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@%s>".)

Did you read RFC's about this issue? For as far as I can tell my Exim
4.20 also emails bounces with headers containing 'Mailer-Daemon@' as
the From: address.

> 2. Does anyone know of any other harmful side-effects that might
> surprise me if I get rid of that alias?

You want to block mail comming TO that alias, not comming FROM that
address, in that case, i'd say you're quite safe disabling it. But to be
RFC compliant, i'd check the RFC's before doing so.

Sander.