Re: [Exim] Problem with lookup

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Prohm
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with lookup
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Michael Prohm wrote:

> in Exim 3 I have the following Section in my config file:
>
> require_files         = "/etc/exim/${lookup \
>                          {${local_part}@${domain}:file} dbm*@ \
>                          {/etc/exim/autoresp.db} {$value} {_} }"

> In Exim3 it works, but in exim 4 not.
>
> I become the following error:
> failed to expand "/etc/exim/${lookup {${local_part}@${domain}" for
> require_files: missing } at end of string

In Exim 3 the expansion was done before the list was split up into
separate items.

In Exim 4, the list is split up into separate items, and each item is
separately expanded.

A colon (:) is the list separator. So Exim thinks you have given it two
items, and tries to expand the first one, "/etc/exim/${lookup
{${local_part}@${domain}". Notice that it has stopped at the colon.

You can fix this either by doubling the colon, or using a different list
separator.