Re: [Exim] exim port (freebsd) documentation issue

Author: Jez Hancock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim port (freebsd) documentation issue
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:28:45PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2003/09/25 14:03), Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
>
> > >However, I'll keep my eyes open. If it turns out that other people find
> > >this confusing, I may spell it out in the POST-INSTALL-NOTES. :-)
> >
> > How about a switch-to-exim.sh script?
> > /usr/local/share/examples/exim/2exim.sh
> > ... what would be an appropriate name?
> >
> > -> we want to make the transition to exim as easy as possible, won't we?

<snip>
> Editing /etc/mailer.conf is one thing (and it's a thing that sysinstall
> does now), but switch-to-exim.sh? That has the potential to be a
> complex task that a human operator should perform.

How about a simple note in the POST-INSTALL-NOTES file?

sendmail          /usr/local/sbin/exim
send-mail         /usr/local/sbin/exim
mailq             /usr/local/sbin/exim -bp
newaliases        /usr/bin/true

I don't even know if this (from my mailer.conf file) is correct - I seem
to remember searching around and finding the info (or maybe I just
modified mailer.conf to taste?).

Having said this though perhaps if someone has the good sense to a) use
freebsd and b) decide to change to Exim then they probably don't need to
be told how to modify mailer.conf :=)

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/