Re[2]: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to …

Author: Michael Coxe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:31:12 -0400 Wakko Warner <wakko@???> wrote:
> They limited me to 4 RBLs to base rejections on. The others are for
> showing
> me if it's worth using.

you might want to try cbl then, and see how it does. i'm finding it to be
staggeringly effective at the focused problem of open proxies with minimal
false positives.

> > it's interesting that of the two open relay lists, the more agressive
> ordb
> > is less effective than the conservatively run relays.visi.com; i still
> > don't quite know what i think of that.

> ORDB no good? =)

i wouldn't go that far, but it's interesting, given that ordb is an
agressive system with active testing (in the old orbs mold, but without
Alan Brown's, er, idiosyncracies), whereas visi is a conservative system
which only tests with spam-in-hand.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???