Re[2]: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to …

Author: Michael Coxe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] fwd fr NANOG: monkeys.dom UPL being DDOSed to death
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:26:17 -0400 Wakko Warner <wakko@???> wrote:
> I don't want a flame war about spamcop again. I use what works for me.

i don't want one either, so i won't start one.

however, you're not using cbl.abuseat.org; i highly recommend it. from my
rejectlog yesterday:

# grep -c cbl rejectlog.01
1161
# grep -c sbl rejectlog.01
44
# grep -c ordb rejectlog.01
28
# grep -c visi rejectlog.01
60
# grep -c opm rejectlog.01
18

this is a bit skewed, because i put cbl in front of the list, but i put it
in front because it was by far the most effective.

it's interesting that of the two open relay lists, the more agressive ordb
is less effective than the conservatively run relays.visi.com; i still
don't quite know what i think of that.

of the two open proxy lists i use, opm probably overlaps cbl quite a lot,
i bet it'd do a lot better if it were in front of cbl or standing alone.

cheers,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???