[Exim] partial matching and address lists, documentation und…

Author: Artur Meski
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] partial matching and address lists, documentation undrestanding
I've found in the documentation, that it's not possible to use partial
matching in address lists, but before reading it I tried to do it by
preparing such line in the database file:

*.fremen.net     userx

It worked. Of course 'partial-' prefix was present before lookup type.

How should I understand the following lines from Exim documentation?:

Note: Partial matching is not available for query-style lookups. It is
also not available for any lookup items in address lists (see section
10.13).

Is it so, that partial matching won't work only for addresses at
the right side of the file (and will work for domains at the left
side) or I shouldn't use it at all?

Artur
--
// WWW: artur.black.pl // PGP: finger apm@??? //