Re: [Exim] exim4, virual domains, explicit local user delive…

Author: Markus Fischer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim4, virual domains, explicit local user delivery
    I was wondering if anyone has an idea about this issue?

    Maybe I was describing it the wrong way; I'll try it again in a
    different way. I'll skip that cyrus part completey as I think it
    doesn't matter in the first place.

    If local users (joe, frank) exist on a system "mydomain.com",
    they'll get emails for joe@??? and frank@??? .
    When I'm now going to configure exim4 to handle other domains local
    too, e.h. "anotherdomain.com", automatically, joe@???
    and frank@??? will work because anotherdomain.com is
    local and joe and frank are local users.

    However, I want to avoid this. I only want to receive mails for
    users for a given (virtual) domain if explicit configured.

    So basically, mydomain.com is the main domain name,
    anotherdomain.com is just a virtual domain. So to receive mail for
    joe@??? I would need an extra configuration step in
    the first so that anotherdomain.com knows it can deliver to the
    local user "joe". I don't want to happen this automatically.

    Any advice on how to achive this? I'm using exim 4.22 .

    Many thanks,

    - Markus