RE: [Exim] rbl whitelist

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Johnson, Michael [IT], 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] rbl whitelist
At 17:05 -0400 2003/09/22, Johnson, Michael [IT] wrote:
>I am currently doing something like this it seems that hte rbl is taking
>priority though.

and what would you expect since it is before the accept(s)? And
indeed RBLs' function is NOT to select which hosts should be allowed
to relay through a server.
Anyway, since your client is on a dynamic IP you cannot think of
adding it to an accept hosts, or better, you could do it, but you
would be open to abuse (unlikely to happen, but it could).
The two solutions that come to mind are: POP before SMTP and SMTP
AUTH (plenty of threads on the matter).

>accept  hosts = :lsearch;/etc/virtualmail/whitelist
>   deny    hosts = lsearch;/etc/virtualmail/spamblock-domains
>   deny    hosts = lsearch;/etc/virtualmail/spamblock-domains

you want to be sure you block those hosts, don't you?

[...]