Re: [Exim] RBL and reducing spam.

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Oren Levi, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL and reducing spam.
At 1:08 -0400 2003/09/22, Oren Levi wrote:
>I was wondering,
>
>Since the hosts trying to spam get rejected because they are the
>RBL's they still keep the email on file in case they switch to a new
>IP or a different means of spamming.
>
>Is there a way to send them a message that looks like the user does
>not exist, this way some may remove the email automaticlly from the
>list.

[...]

...I am very sorry, but this is very funny!
Seriously, if all spam came *directly* from spammers machines, and
not via open relays/proxies, then, perhaps, I repeat, perhaps, they
would, I don't dare say that, "remove" you from the list (but quite
certainly independently of the type of 5XX error they get). but still
you would still have those using obsolete lists.
If you want to limit the amount of spam attempted, then delaying your
error code reply might work. but just might.
I am not even sure if unplugging the server would help much..

Giuliano