Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM
Chris Meadors said:
> There is something strange about Swen, I do run Exiscan, and it still
> sometimes slips by. But I check my reject logs, and it is blocking it
> on other cases.
>
> Someone was saying something about how much content there is before the
> actual executable, that is causing the problem. I use Exiscan with a
> command line scanner (f-prot). I looked at the Exiscan documentation
> and couldn't find anything about how much of the file to scan, same with
> f-prot, it looks like it should scan the whole file.

Are you sure it is getting by? I've seen messages that had it stripped
out already, but the message looked like it, just no .exe file.

If that is not it, What ACL are you using? I've not had a single one get
through. None of them are even getting to the Virus Checker ether.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.