Re: [Exim] How to bypass last Received: server to apply bloc…

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to bypass last Received: server to apply block lists to previous server
| Situation is this, we may find ourselves having the corporate mail
| *gateway* server for our domains moved to another computer/mail software
| nowhere as effective as Exim. We will then have to accept *incoming* mail
| from this (brain dead) mail server as a trusted host (it will be inside
| corporate network).

"bouncing" spam/virii to the puported "sender" is not a credible option
these days

in the situtation you describe, where you can't reject during the SMTP
dialog, then you probably want to run something like MailScanner to:

- tag+forward spam emails, for the user to filter in their client

- `disinfect' and forward virus-infected emails

- silently delete worm emails

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service