Re: [Exim] Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply …

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply block lists to previous server
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Patrick Starrenburg wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:00:48 GMT, "Alan J. Flavell"
> <a.flavell@???> wrote:
>
> > the blacklist is happy to accept new applications for membership from
> > clue-impaired corporates ;-)
>
> Don't include me in that :-)

I've nothing against you personally: I've plenty of experience myself
of "suits" taking an inappropriate technical decision "over the heads
of" those they pay to do the technical work.

cheers

Ho hum, the latest piece of nonsense I've seen from the current virus
round was this, as far as I can make out from the fragments in the
reports received:

- person unknown tried to send virus to me, counterfeiting the
sender address of an innocent party (say, P).

- service provider (say, S) intercepted the virus and composed an
anti-virus report to the innocent party, P

- P's mail box was full, so the receiving MTA for P rejected the
report from S

- S then composed a non-delivery report for the anti-virus
non-delivery report, and sent it to *me*.

Sigh!!