Re: [Exim] how to accept a recipient address format that nor…

Author: Robert Kehl
To: hauser, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to accept a recipient address format that normal smtp servers reject before accepting the body/attachments (was: regular expression on the entire recipient address and not just "local_p
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf Hauser" <ralfhauser@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Cc: "Andreas Metzler" <eximusers@???>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 8:55 AM
Subject: RE: [Exim] how to accept a recipient address format that normal
smtp servers reject before accepting the body/attachments (was: regular
expression on the entire recipient address and not just "local_parts")

> 3) Not having a domain for a certain set of recipients is intentional
> because I want people NOT to send mails via any other SMTP server than

mine
> (TLS protected, etc.). How would you implement this otherwise that

sending a
> message to any smtp typically fails (prior to sending the message
> body/attachments over the wire!!!) while it succeeds with mine?

You must be using any kind of firewall, aren't you? To stop your users
emailing with a server other than yours, I suggest you use your firewall
in the primary place.

Block port 25 for outgoing traffic from your LAN, while at the same time
allowing any kind of traffic from/to your exim box. You might
additionally try to redirect all LAN traffic arriving at port 25 and
being meant for the outside to land up on your exim box. Probably, any
kind of authentication won't succeed in that case as it were meant for
other servers, but you may then create some kind of alerting mechanism.
Combined with a firewall log watcher you'll achieve quite convient
control over your user's email traffic.

hth,

Robert Kehl