Re: [Exim] Message-ID: vs Message-Id: header logging

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Message-ID: vs Message-Id: header logging
On 9/17/2003 3:28, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, John W. Baxter wrote:

>> Exim 4.10 appears to not put in a Message-ID: of its own, because the
>> there.
>
> It's nothing to do with the case of the header name. It's the form of
> the message id. Exim parses it to check that it is of the correct form
> for an address. Assuming you have not enabled allow_domain_literals, it
> won't recognize the above example.

Indeed, we don't have domain literals enabled. I'm much happier with that
explanation than with my conclusion that it is the case of the Message-ID:
header name.

> I guess I should temporarily enable domain literals while parsing
> message IDs.

Here is one vote for. I can adjust my own machine (probably), but will have
trouble with the Eudora users generally.

Thanks, Philip

--John