Re: [Exim] "transparent" smtp server

Author: Pat Lashley
CC: Chris Knipe, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] "transparent" smtp server
--On Monday, September 15, 2003 20:42:36 +0200 Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad
<asbjorn@???> wrote:

> I have done this on my computer with a different approach. I use one smtp
> server (wherever I am) and have set up my mail client (mozilla) to have
> two accounts: one for work and one for home. All mails come from my smtp
> server, but they appear to come from different accounts, and people reply
> to the right address. No problems at all, as long as I use auth-smtp.

This requires a client that supports multiple outgoing accounts. If
they had that, they could just set it to use one server for the work
address and another for home.

>> The right solution really is a mail client that supports multiple
>> SMTP servers.
>
> any web page on how to do this?

That depends entirely on the client you use. Mulberry is good if
you want an inexpensive but full-featured standards-compliant client
that is avaliable for Win*, Linux, Solaris, and now (I think) Mac
OS X. If you're looking for free clients with a usable feature set,
Mozilla or Netsacpe are good choices. There are more choices in
both free and commercial flavors. But you'd need to check the docs
for each client to see how to set it up.

-Pat