Re: [Exim] "transparent" smtp server

Author: Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad
To: Pat Lashley
CC: Chris Knipe, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] "transparent" smtp server
Pat Lashley wrote:

>> is there any reason why you can't let the laptops use your smtp server
>> as their primary smtp server, and just use auth smtp whenevery they
>> connect, either from within the network or from the outside?
>
> That would leave no way for them to send mail which appeared to come
> from their ISP's server and their home address.

I have done this on my computer with a different approach. I use one
smtp server (wherever I am) and have set up my mail client (mozilla) to
have two accounts: one for work and one for home. All mails come from my
smtp server, but they appear to come from different accounts, and people
reply to the right address. No problems at all, as long as I use auth-smtp.

> The right solution really is a mail client that supports multiple
> SMTP servers.

any web page on how to do this?

- asbjørn