Re: [Exim] System-wide spam handling, with opt-out possibili…

Author: Stian Grytoyr
To: Walt Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] System-wide spam handling, with opt-out possibility
Walt Reed <exim@???> writes:

| Huh. I'm looking at something similar, but handling it at
| ACL time seems cleaner. Currently, all the spam and virus
| checks I have are in the rcpt and data acls. It looks
| like it would be trivial to do a condition to handle the
| per-user stuff. Bounces are just so much cleaner if
| performed at reception rather than after the fact.

As virus definition files grow larger, and rules for spam
checking get more complicated, we found that it was simply
taking too long to do all this during the SMTP dialogue.

MailScanner gives us more flexibility, and it works well for
us. But it'd be interesting to see other solutions, too.

--
Stian