Re: [Exim] connection refused

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] connection refused
Steve Lazaridis said:
> i keep getting error messages.. "connection refused: too many connections"
> meanwhile the server is totally bogged down.. by exim using all system
> resources..
>
> I've added blacklist support.. and it rejects alot of stuff.. but i still
> get bombarded with connection request..

Yep... provide more detail.

There can a be a lot of different ways that a system can get bombarded.

What I have to deal with may be quite different from what you have to deal
with. Some of them might require a temporary solution, an extreame
solution (router block) or simply changing where and how you have your ACL
blocks setup.

Also might be you have too many other things running on the same box...?
is it a dedicated mail server?

more detail needed.

--
Kevin