Re: [Exim] how to avoid dupes ?

Author: Robert Kehl
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to avoid dupes ?
Am Don, 2003-09-11 um 13.21 schrieb Michael V. Sokolov:
> On Thursday 11 September 2003 07:53, Robert Kehl wrote:
>
> > You could best use SpamAssassin at SMTP receiving time, see
> > http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ for info. This way you avoid feeding
> > the messages twice. Speeds up things, btw, but speed meight not always
> > matter, I know.
>
> Robert, exiscan may be not bad solution, but i need to copy every message to
> inarchive and only then move messages with x-spam-status: yes to spam@. Is it
> possible in case of exiscan?

Yes, it is. You may use exiscan the same way you're using your system
filter now. It may simply flag and then accept messages, or reject,
teergrub or do nothing on them - as you like.

> okee, but in/out archiving at this moment are produced by system filter, not
> by archiving router, because i don'd realize how to create a copy of message
> with router. Can you be a little more specific at this point ?

What you're missing is the 'unseen' option here. This router/transport
combination performs what you want, I think - watch out - it's Maildir
format:

ROUTER:
backup_incoming:
driver = redirect
domains = +local_domains
senders = !*@+local_domains
condition = "${if {eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {0}{1}}"
directory_transport = backup_2_maildir
data = BACKUPDIR/Incoming/
unseen

TRANSPORT:
backup_2_maildir:
driver = appendfile
create_directory
directory_mode = 0770
mode = 0660
maildir_format

Place it before your 'local_user' router. The position of the transport
doesn't matter as long as you place it in the transport section at all
;)

hth,

Robert Kehl