Re: [Exim] how to avoid dupes ?

Author: Robert Kehl
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to avoid dupes ?
Am Don, 2003-09-11 um 13.21 schrieb Michael V. Sokolov:
> Sirs, who can try to explain me how can i avoid dublicate messages in my
> in/out archives ?
> At this moment, any messages with $sender_address_domain = mydomain are being
> copied to outarchive, all other messages are being copied to inarchive.
> That's work fine, but then all messages are being checked for X-SPAM-STATUS:
> Yes, and when yes -- delivered to spam@ and then finish. But messages,
> addressed to spam@ are being cheked with system filter again, and
> $sender_address_domain as far as i can understand will be detected (and he
> is) as mydomain, because this message was
> readdressed by system-filter.

You could best use SpamAssassin at SMTP receiving time, see
http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ for info. This way you avoid feeding
the messages twice. Speeds up things, btw, but speed meight not always
matter, I know.

If you depend on scanning for SPAM at routing time -the way you use it
now - you might use the same condition by which the spamassassin router
itself determines messages that have already been scanned. In other
words: the archiving router won't archive any message that has been
scanned, because that would mean the message has already been archived.
It goes like this:

condition = "${if {eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {0}{1}}"

The original is one byte longer ;)

condition = "${if {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {1}{0}}"

hth,

Robert Kehl