Re: [Exim] libiconv problem on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Mozley
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] libiconv problem on Solaris
> > I am compiling Exim 4.22 on a Sun Sparc Solaris 8 server. I keep seeing
the
> > following error:
>
> > Undefined                       first referenced
> >  symbol                             in file
> > libiconv                            rfc2047.o

> > I have a libiconv package installed, with libraries in /usr/local/lib (I
> > think this was from sunfreeware.com and was a requirement for something

> > cannot remember - sorry).
>
> Maybe you need to add -L/usr/local/lib -liconv to EXTRALIBS in this
> case, so that it picks it up.

Thanks, apologies for not coming across this in the main Makefile.
Uncommenting this resolves the problem on the server with the extra
libraries.

> > On a Solaris server without this I can build exim OK.
>
> Presumably the default libiconv is in the standard libraries?
>
> > Is there a way I can get exim to compile on the server with libiconv?

I've
> > seen HAVE_ICONV=yes in the Makefile-SunOS5 but I don't know what affect
> > changing this flag will have, assuming this will help.
>
> If you change the flag, Exim won't try to use iconv when decoding the
> contents of header lines for $h_ variables. But the "right" thing is
> probably to get Exim to pick up the libiconv that you installed.

I will do two different compiles as the server with the full Solaris install
has the iconv libraries/modules below, while the servers that will be the
main MTAs have a smaller build of Solaris without any of these. I'm assuming
I will run into problems otherwise?

On the server that needed the EXTRALIBS set:

# pkginfo | grep -i iconv
application SMClibi              libiconv
ALE         SUNWciu8             Simplified Chinese (EUC) iconv modules for
UTF-8
ALE         SUNWciu8x            Simplified Chinese (EUC) iconv modules for
UTF-8 (64-bit)
ALE         SUNWhiu8             Traditional Chinese iconv modules for UTF-8
ALE         SUNWhiu8x            Traditional Chinese (EUC) iconv modules for
UTF-8 (64-bit)
system      SUNWislcx            64-bit iconv conversion for Eastern
European locales
system      SUNWisolx            64-bit iconv conversion for ISO Latin
character sets
system      SUNWjiu8             Japanese iconv modules for UTF-8
system      SUNWjiu8x            Japanese iconv modules for UTF-8 (64-bit)
ALE         SUNWkiu8             Korean UTF-8 iconv modules for UTF-8
ALE         SUNWkiu8x            Korean (UTF-8) iconv modules for UTF-8
(64-bit)
system      SUNWtiu8             Thai UTF-8 iconv modules for UTF-8
system      SUNWtiu8x            Thai UTF-8 iconv modules for UTF-8 (64-bit)
system      SUNWuiu8             Iconv modules for UTF-8 Locale
system      SUNWuiu8x            Iconv Modules for UTF-8 Locale (64-bit)
system      SUNWuium             Iconv Man Pages for UTF-8 Locale

Thanks again,

Jim