Re: [Exim] libiconv problem on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jim Mozley
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] libiconv problem on Solaris
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Jim Mozley wrote:

> I am compiling Exim 4.22 on a Sun Sparc Solaris 8 server. I keep seeing the
> following error:

> libiconv                            rfc2047.o

> I have a libiconv package installed, with libraries in /usr/local/lib (I
> think this was from sunfreeware.com and was a requirement for something I
> cannot remember - sorry).

Maybe you need to add -L/usr/local/lib -liconv to EXTRALIBS in this
case, so that it picks it up.

> On a Solaris server without this I can build exim OK.

Presumably the default libiconv is in the standard libraries?

> Is there a way I can get exim to compile on the server with libiconv? I've
> seen HAVE_ICONV=yes in the Makefile-SunOS5 but I don't know what affect
> changing this flag will have, assuming this will help.

If you change the flag, Exim won't try to use iconv when decoding the
contents of header lines for $h_ variables. But the "right" thing is
probably to get Exim to pick up the libiconv that you installed.