Re: [Exim] install compile errors with crypt16

Author: Dermot Paikkos
To: Dermot Paikkos, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] install compile errors with crypt16
I tried again with the latest source I could find.

Tru64 5.1 Exim 4.22

I am still hitting trouble. This time the error is with expand.c but it is
referring to a crypt16 declaration in my local file
'/usr/include/unistd.h.'. The error is below. This is the line I think it is
referring to from my local unistd.h is:
extern char *crypt16 __((const char *, const char *));

Incidentally, I added CC=cc to the Local/Makefile as it wasn't in the
OS/Makefile-OSF1. I wasn't getting anywhere without it.

Any advice here??
Thanx.
Dp.

cc -c -O -std1 -I.    expand.c
cc: Warning: expand.c, line 24: In this declaration, parameter 1 has a
different type than specified in an earlier declaration of this function.
(mismatparam)
extern char* crypt16(char*, char*);
-------------^
cc: Error: expand.c, line 24: In this declaration, the type of "crypt16"
is not compatible with the type of a previous declaration of "crypt16"
at line number 692 in file /usr/include/unistd.h. (notcompat)

On 4 Sep 2003 at 14:20, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> 4.20 (dooh!). Will get the latest and try again.
> Dp.
>

> > 4.2.what?
> >
> > > I am trying to compile exim on the above. I am a novice with c and
> > > hence the compile errors leave me high and dry. Below are the
> > > errors I get before make/cc fails.
> > >
> > > I added the -std1 CFLAGS as per the README file. I have tried to
> > > un-commenting #DEFAULT CRYPT16.
> >
> > There was a bug that was fixed in 4.21. Are you trying 4.20? The
> > ChangeLog reads:
> >
> > 45. #include "config.h" was missing at the start of the crypt16.c
> > module. This
> >     caused trouble on Tru64 (aka OSF1) systems, because HAVE_CRYPT16
> >     was not noticed.

> > --
> > Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> > ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.
> > Get the Exim 4 book:    http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book

~~
Dermot Paikkos * dermot@???
Network Administrator @ Science Photo Library
Phone: 0207 432 1100 * Fax: 0207 286 8668