Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO

Top Pagina
Auteur: Exim Users Mailing List
Aan: gARetH baBB
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO
[ On Thursday, September 4, 2003 at 09:36:00 (+0100), gARetH baBB wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO
>
> That's a bit too far I find - some legit stuff does come through where the
> HELO doesn't match the actually delivering address - that said and as some
> else has pointed out, there must be virtually nill valid MTAs out there
> using a *IP* address based HELO anyway.

Actually it's not far enough.

Doing half-assed HELO validation only gives lame and ignorant mailer
operators excuses to continue doing what they are doing.

Bounce their mail sooner rather than later and help them correct their
problems sooner rather than later.

That goes for the big guys like hotmail.com as well as your grandparents
and friends.

Implementing half-assed checks like this, and making exceptions for
idiots who won't fix their sytems, only confuses people.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>