Re: [Exim] compiling exiscan

Author: Adam Henry
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] compiling exiscan
On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:56:50PM +0200, Tom Kistner wrote:
> Adam Henry wrote:
>
> >It would seem that either demime isn't activated, or that Exim wasn't
> >compiled for its support. I have verified that the patch did apply
> >cleanly, and that demime.c and malware.c are among the compiled
> >files, and the binaries were installed correctly. In the supplied
>
> Are you sure you are sure? :)
>
> Because the error mentioned means that you are starting an exim without
> exiscan support (BTW the next version will have a tag when you do exim -bV).

Because I wanted to test a new configuration file along with
the Exim patched with exiscan, I didn't create a new symbolic
link for the new 'demime aware' version. When called directly
(/usr/local/exim2/bin/exim-4.22-4), the first pass works just fine--demime
is properly recognized. However, when the message succeeds and is passed
on to another Exim process for delivery, it is automatically called
like (/usr/local/exim2/bin/exim). That is when the demime errors were
popping up. I apologize for not scrolling back through all the logs.

Perhaps every future call of Exim should notice which executable was
called, and use that instead of defaulting to the symlink? Just as a
note, calling 'exim-4.22-4 -d -bh 1.1.1.1' worked just fine, but I was
more interested in testing exim listening on a real ip:port.