Re: [Exim] Verify = reverse_host_lookup

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Verify = reverse_host_lookup
On 9/1/2003 10:02, "Kevin Reed" <krelvinaz@???> wrote:

> [resent again used wrong username last post x 2]
>
> Still attempting to get this to work...
>
> hostlist exempt_lookup_hosts =
> partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/exempt-lookup-hosts
>
> (exempt-lookup-hosts containing) 12.158.33.111
>
>       deny    message = Reverse Host Lookup Failed
>               hosts = ! +exempt_lookup_hosts
>               !verify = reverse_host_lookup

> exim -d+expand -bh 12.158.33.111

> (failed to find host name for 12.158.33.111)
> 451 Temporary local problem - please try later
>
> I'm exempting it because their nameserver is screwed up and I need to allow
> mail from them. But my exempt is not working...
>
> I've tried this a number of different ways with the same results.
>
> Basically all I am attempting to do is deny hosts without some sort of
> reverse lookup but exempt certain hosts that I know are screwed up and I
> want to allow.

I suspect (I should test, rather than suspecting) that you have something in
the
/usr/local/exim/exempt-lookup-hosts
file which doesn't look like an IP address. (Typing a comma for a period
would likely do it; so would leaving # off a comment)

I get this impression from

--John (been there; done that)