[Exim] Verify = reverse_host_lookup

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Verify = reverse_host_lookup
[resent again used wrong username last post x 2]

Still attempting to get this to work...

hostlist exempt_lookup_hosts =
partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/exempt-lookup-hosts

(exempt-lookup-hosts containing) 12.158.33.111

        deny    message = Reverse Host Lookup Failed
                hosts = ! +exempt_lookup_hosts
                !verify = reverse_host_lookup

exim -d+expand -bh 12.158.33.111

>>> processing "deny"
>>> check hosts = ! +exempt_lookup_hosts
>>> sender host name required, to match against
>>> partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/exempt-lookup-hosts
>>> looking up host name for 12.158.33.111
>>> IP address lookup failed: h_errno=2
>>> host in "partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/exempt-lookup-hosts"? no

(failed to find host name for 12.158.33.111)
>>> host in "! +exempt_lookup_hosts"? yes (end of list)
>>> check !verify = reverse_host_lookup
>>> looking up host name to force name/address consistency check
>>> looking up host name for 12.158.33.111
>>> IP address lookup failed: h_errno=2
>>> deny: condition test deferred

451 Temporary local problem - please try later

I'm exempting it because their nameserver is screwed up and I need to allow
mail from them. But my exempt is not working...

I've tried this a number of different ways with the same results.

Basically all I am attempting to do is deny hosts without some sort of
reverse lookup but exempt certain hosts that I know are screwed up and I
want to allow.