Re: [Exim] Is exim in trouble?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Ben-Nes Michael
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Is exim in trouble?
> It might but what can they do ?
> 1. prove that the code was there in the first place
> 2. they are the first to wrote it
> 3. the author took their code while knowing he doing wrong.

I'm not talking copyright. I believe there's a difference. I'm talking
about patenting how it works. Like people can patent the process of making
something.

> Even then what will they get ? reminds me SCO & Linux
>
> SCO wants some money + publicity so they use Popular open-source to get it
> with lame excuses :)

Really don't think this is the same thing. They're talking about code
theft (which I doubt actually happened anyway). I'm talking about patenting
how something is supposed to work. Implementations can be written entirely
different ways, but the end result could be identical.

I really don't know that much on patents and copyright, but I believe
they're not the same thing. If I'm wrong, someone can step in and correct
me.