[Exim] Exim delivery crash w/ Signal 11

Author: Inaba
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim delivery crash w/ Signal 11
Hello folks,

I've been beating my head against a wall since Friday trying to figure out
what the problem is, and I'm just at a dead end.

Here is an excerpt of the debug output of exim:

cm exim # exim -d+deliver -M 19tVAE-0001FR-M7
Exim version 4.14 uid=0 gid=0 pid=11174 D=fbb95cfd
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
Support for: PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
uid=0 gid=0 pid=11174
auxiliary group list: <none>
configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
log selector = 020d99d8
trusted user
admin user
skipping ACL configuration - not needed
set_process_info: 11174 delivering specified messages
set_process_info: 11174 delivering 19tVAE-0001FR-M7
reading spool file 19tVAE-0001FR-M7-H
user=root uid=0 gid=0 sender=root@???
sender_fullhost = cohort.cc [208.29.16.72]
sender_rcvhost = cohort.cc ([208.29.16.72])
sender_local=0 ident=unset
Non-recipients:
Empty Tree
---- End of tree ----
recipients_count=1
body_linecount=1 message_linecount=18
Delivery address list:
inaba@???
locking /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
locked /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
Segmentation fault

It sigfaults with Signal 11 at that point. No mail can be delivered at
this point, as it crashes on ANY incoming mail.

I'm using Exiscan, yes, but I've tried recompiling with just straight Exim
and I have the same problem. I've tried Exim 4.14 to 4.22, they all
produce the same problem.

I have recently upgraded to GCC 3.2.3, and I believe I've recompiled all
C++ programs and everything else appears to be functioning. I really
have no idea where to go next. This may be related to a libc problem, or
it may not be... I'm really at my wits end at this point. If anyone could
assist me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks